I FLY FLAT - July 26 PointsTV - Qantas+American❤, Qantas+Cathay💔, Ola+Velocity💘 +More✈
The Points Whisperer TV - 26 July 2019
Ola and Velocity launch a points partnership, Qantas & American Airlines green light partnership, QBR members can earn 10 QFF per $1 on carbon offsetting + more.
A few things out this week:
Qantas + American Airlines trans-pacific JV (Approved)
Allowing Qantas to launch two new USA routes, Brisbane to San Fran and Brisbane to Chicago
Qantas + Cathay Pacific Aust-Jong Kong codeshare (Denied)
Ola rideshare + Velocity points partnership (Launched)
Along with that, a nerdy analysis of the number of flights allowed between Aust capital cities and Hong Kong. As always, the fun stuff is in the details.
Links mentioned in this video:
- US Department of Transport approves the Qantas+American Airlines JV
- Qantas launches two new USA routes, Brisbane to San Francisco (starting 9 Feb 2020) and Brisbane to Chicago (starting 20 April 2020).
- Australia‘s International Air Services Commission denies the Qantas+Cathay codeshare application
- A deeper nerdy peek into the details of the application shows the number of flights allowed between Aust captial cities and Hong Kong.
- Qantas Business Reward members can earn 10QFF per $1 on carbon offsetting (which is a good deal)
- Ola and Velocity launch their rideshare frequent flyer points partnership, offering 1VFF per $1 on all rides anywhere, and 2VFF per $1 on rides to the airports. (another good deal)
- Steve (me) coincidentally finds himself in the printed AFR BOSS magazine
If you have any questions, send me a message: email@example.com
The Points Whisperer
PS - If you haven’t all-ready, subscribe to our newsletter: https://www.iflyflat.com.au/subscribe